To try to boost my spirits, I made a list of things I was grateful for today. Who knows, maybe it’ll boost yours too?
- The grand selection of exciting single serve yogurts at Wholefoods. Passionfruit, raspberry and cherry treats, yes please!
- Talking with old friends I’ve known for almost 30 years , and new friends I’ve known for one.
- Overhearing people say funny things on the phone: “the department of jollity and frivolity frowns on that.”
- Coming up with puns first thing in the morning and cracking yourself up: Marmalade is my jam.
- Feeling a cold wind lift the hair off your head and shake it around a bit. (Best to not worry about what it looks like afterwards).
- Seeing peonies—the unicorns of flowers—at the flower stall.
- Clever black comedies.
- Clever books: “Sometimes I wish we could rub out all of our mistakes and start fresh, from the beginning.” I said. “And sometimes I think there isn’t anything to us but our mistakes.”
- Spotify. Including the new family sharing feature, and the fact that I can make an awesome modern-day mixed tape. Haters gonna hate, Taylor.
- Speaking of Taylor, I suppose we can be grateful for her too. I CANNOT get Shake it Off out of my head. If you clicked that link, now neither can you.
Oh, and puppies.