I haven’t posted about yoga in a while, so here goes. Lately I’ve been enjoying the benefits of YouTube yoga.
- You can do it whenever you want
- You can wear whatever you want
- You can press pause if you miss an instruction
- It’s free
- You can pick a practice to suit your mood, and the time you have available
- If you wipe-out in a hard pose it’s much less embarrassing
- Same goes for if you accidentally pass wind
- Nobody is there to give you an adjustment
- It’s less social
- It’s less inspiring than a live class with a really great teacher
- Google is watching (just kidding, you don’t have to sign in)
I did this class by Tara Stiles last night—I thought it was pretty good.
I think the secret to developing a regular (ideally daily) practice might be to combine YouTube and class yoga.